Friday, September 2, 2011

Reading....

So, I've always enjoyed history and reading about it, but I don't have the mind capacity these days to really dive into a good narrative book... so I read my historical fiction and it's kept light enough to give me a taste of history as well as the fluff that I have to read in order to easily read it without much thought. I recently discovered Helen Hollick and read a series of Harold II (the one who was defeated by William the Conqueror), that was pretty good. I like her writing, but the editors need to be fired. The punctuation was horrible! Primarily their lack of quotation marks. I would be halfway through a paragraph before I realized it wasn't an inner monologue, but he/she was actually speaking. Very frustrating. I'd also like to read her series of King Arthur, but blast it! Our library has the 3RD book of the series, but not the 1ST or 2ND!! Grr.... Oh well... I guess we can't expect too much of our library these days with funding being cut everywhere... but still... it'd be nice if ALL the books in a series were available!

No comments: