Friday, August 19, 2011

Once again, life is non-stop!! :) Just the way I like it... this week has been a whirlwind! I finished a very difficult class, but ended up with 100% on my final project and a B+ in the class (it would've been an A, but one assignment I submitted was 0.24 MB over the accepted limit, so the teacher gave me a zero on that assignment... he could open it just fine, just a very strict instructor), so I'm happy! Kyle had a belated birthday party/end of summer party on Wednesday and had a blast. We had water gun fights, slip 'n slide, potato sack races, tug o' war, and swimming with KFC and brownies (he's not a cake fan). He loved it! Thursday he started school. He tried to be non-chalant about it, like he wasn't excited, but it was so cute how giddy he was about being there! I'll post pictures with him talking with friends of his in his class as they were waiting to enter the classroom. So fun to walk him up to his class and have them call out his name and say "Yeah! We're in the same class!!!" Love it...

Later, we took Ranen to get his first haircut. :( SO sad! I loved his cute little blonde curls, but it was getting a little shaggy, and its time for him to look like a little boy, not a baby... From there we went to have lunch with my cousins, Zara, Sasha, and Wendy, with Auntie Dorothea and Grandma Beth and a niece of Wendy's. I love that we try to get together for lunch once a month. Sometimes it doesn't happen because of our busy schedules, but when we get together we never want to leave. I have the best cousins in the world. So sweet, and you'll never find better people anywhere than you'll find at that lunch table.

We've decided that Kyle can start taking the city bus home from school now, and I had Devin drop me off at his school so I could ride home with him for the first time to help him know what to do, and today he did it all by himself! He thinks it's awesome, and I think it makes me a nervous wreck! If it was a straight shot, I'd be a little more calm about it, but he has to make a transfer and that freaks me out. So, from the time he gets out of school until the time he comes off the bus at the stop around the corner, my eyes are glued to the clock wanting it to go faster so he'll be home. He loves it though, and there are a few other kids on there too... I'm just a nervous mommy not wanting her little boy to grow up... it happened way too fast!

Today I had a meeting for Music Makers, a program that I take Elizabeth and Ranen once a week that's just an hour long of singing, finger plays, marching, dancing, and story time. I've agreed to be a helper this year, so I'll be doing the story time portion of it for a few months, then doing singing time, and then change to something else. It'll be fun, and I was so happy to see my friends at the meeting as we were talking through what we'll be doing for the year... I just wish Elizabeth and Ranen weren't so clingy sometimes. My friends kids were all fine playing with each other, but no... mine both wanted to play on my lap and climb all over me while I was trying to participate! In all fairness, it was Ranen's nap time, so he had an excuse, and then Elizabeth always tries to vie for attention whenever she thinks Ranen is getting too much from me, so if he's in my lap, she wants to be too...

Anyway, it's getting late and I have a Pampered Chef show tomorrow that I have to prepare for. Nothing big. Just have to get all my PC stuff that I'm going to take out of my kitchen and into my bag. I really like doing shows. It gets me out of the house, meeting new people, cooking food (if I'm lucky, I get to eat some too), and make a little extra for us at the same time. Can't get much better than that! It's also a perk to get the products at a discount... BUT! I'm restraining myself from getting EVERYTHING I want... ;)

Hopefully I'll post pictures soon! I have such a hard time taking pictures, then transfering those picturs to the computer, then posting them on the blog and/or Facebook... *sigh* Trying to be better! Don't even talk about scrapbooking! Yikes! That requires so much more time than I can dream of right now... ;)

No comments: